Stanley and I signed up for a fun run at a near-by park, Fernhill. I was running the 5k, and Stanley was running the kids' quarter mile. We were both excited and ready to run our race. I left Stan and Matt to start the race, so I could get a picture of Stan running across the start line on the other side. The buzzer sounded to start the race and I looked for Stanley. No sign of him. I thought I missed him. After a few seconds, I see him walked up to me with his head low. He got scared and started crying at the start line! After he watched the other kids race around most the the track, he joined in for the last stretch. Hopefully, he'll be more prepared for the next one he's signed up for in August!
My 5k went well! I was surprised I was able to run the whole thing, since I had been recovering for a calf muscle injury. I was happy with what I was able to accomplish!
 |
| Before the race |
 |
With his finisher's ribbon
(even though he didn't run the whole thing) |
No comments:
Post a Comment