Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Salmon Creek Park & Klineline Pond

The kids and I explored a new park last weekend. First we visited the water, Klineline Pond. The pond is set up for swimming (on a hot day, which this wasn't). There are lifeguard stations and a sandy beach. We watched an osprey circling the pond and diving for fish. The kids explored the water, and found fish, crawfish, and tadpoles. We had a picnic near the water, and then the kids played on the playground.

Near the pond, there is a beautiful trail, the Salmon Creek Trail. We took a walk on the trail, but since the kids had already done so much, we didn't go too far. Lisa was already getting crabby, and she kept yelling at me, "Stop following me!" Since we were walking on the same trail, I didn't have much of a choice to follow her. Ha!

We had a great time, and I can't wait to try swimming there on a nice day!






No comments:

Post a Comment