When Stanley went to his 7-year-old check up at the doctor, we discovered that one of his eyes was not seeing as clear as the other. So, I scheduled a follow-up appointment at the eye doctor. The eye doctor said that Stanley has a stigmatism in one of his eyes. Together, he sees 20/20, but that is because his stronger eye is making up for his weaker one. Over time, this can cause a lazy eye, so Stanley has been prescribed glasses to even his eyes.
That is the technical reason for his glasses, but none of that matters to Stanley. He is just super-excited to have them! He wears them at school when he's in the classroom, and at home when he's reading. He said his friends have all been saying nice things to him, like, "Your glasses look nice on you." "I wish I had glasses." "I want glasses like yours." I'm so glad he has had such a positive experience with his glasses so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment