Friday, March 3, 2017

Eagles

I went for a hike while Lisa was at school at my favorite trail at Steigerwald National Wildlife Refuge. I was the only person there, since it was a chilly, drizzly day. I quickly noticed two eagles sitting in the tops of two trees. I watched them for a while, and then said, "Bye, eagles," and turned to leave. Suddenly, I heard a loud screech, and turned back around. One of the eagles soared toward the nearby lake. S/he grabbed a duck from the water and took it to the top of a tree, and started to eat it! When I watched it through my binoculars, I could see it ripping the feathers from the duck with its sharp beak! It was a very powerful, and amazing thing to see!

And I caught it on video on my phone. Can you spot the duck dangling from the eagle's talons?


No comments:

Post a Comment