Thursday, August 2, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Stanley went to his first day of preschool this morning. He is going to a school called The Peanut Gallery. It is a sweet little classroom attached to the lead teacher's house. They have a great backyard play space with a sandbox, play structure, and a beautiful raspberry patch. Stanley was excited to go today, with a tiny bit a nervous reservation.

Last night, he helped pack up his backpack with a nap blanket and a little stuffed bunny and helped make his lunch (which included a peanut butter and jelly, carrot sticks, raisins, goldfish crackers, and water--all from Stanley's request). When I dropped him off this morning, he was already playing with a new friend. When I asked for a second hug, he replied, "Sorry, Mom. I'm too busy." I left with the confidence he would have stories at the end of the day of the fun things he's done today.

Even knowing that, I did cry a few tears. I think they were from happiness, pride, and a little sadness of losing my baby. But, in place of that sweet little baby I used to hold in my arms, I've gained a wonderful and smart little boy who is ready to conquer the world!

Special "first day of school" breakfast:
homemade waffles, marionberries, and maple syrup

Holding his new Thomas lunchbox



This is how I left Stanley this morning,
too busy playing trains to hug his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment